Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Kotix,

If i buy, i will have also the new update in the future ?

Comment

Originally posted by gagny View Post
      Hello Kotix,

If i buy, i will have also the new update in the future ?
      Yes You will, upgrades are for free after You have bought the rom.

Comment

Originally posted by psillos View Post

Exactly that!

kotix commented
        Yesterday, 09:41 PM
        Personize.prop should be enough
        Thanks, it worked! By far the best upgrade!!!! Keep up the good work!

Comment

I just added 2 zip files in the test folder to enable/disable S160keys so to restore the SWC menu button functionality.
          It's intended to be flashed with Flashfire as described in this post:
          https://www.roadnav.com/forum/rules-...2580#post72580

Comment

Flashfire update disabling S160keys works very well, now icons on SWC button are properly displayed and function well.

Comment

• kotix
              kotix commented
              Editing a comment
              Good!
              All future releases will have s160keys as an optional flash fire zip
              Last edited by kotix; 12-28-2016, 23:09.

Hello All,

I have a weird problem with my s160. I updated to the latest release tonight (i came from a version released in February, i think it was the third release of the s160 firmware Kotix made).
            I used the m019 (opel) firmware as a donor for the 2 folders and 2 files that need to be copied into your rom like always.
            After installing the rom the system boots fine till the point that it asks me to choose a default launcher.
            No matter what lancher i select i get a reboot of the system and get some sort of recovery error code.
            It says "Wrong code? No command". I did not take a picture, but it looks kinda like this: https://cdn2.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata...Comand-big.jpg

After a reboot of the s160 i can again select a launcher, but after doing so the error message repeats.

I have flashed the old February rom back, and all is working again.
            But i would love to use the latest version.

Anyone have a clue what im doing wrong? Or is this some kind of bug?

Edit: Nevermind.. I read now on Kotix blog that i need to ask for a code.
            (This wasn't so back in February, and isn't mentioned in the Instructions.txt on the GoogleDrive folder).

Last edited by marice; 12-28-2016, 20:58.

Comment

I'm already working on the new December firmware, so far the main differences found are:
              New Kernel
              New MCU
              Varios Modifications in audioplayer code but I don't know exactly what for.
              Small modification in radio slider code.
              Maybe more...

Comment

Hi Marko!!!
                Just installed your rom on my head unit, so far I liked the skin where Audi layout skin, looks great, also radio skin so far looks ok, but music player skin completely not matching all other screens, its looks like I choose other menu. I believe all users will agree with me that Radio, Music, Bluetooth and so on screens should be made in the way they are similar to each other.
                From all rom i would choose only Audi skin, all others so far i don't need. Keep on going, waiting for new releases.

Also question: Did you change anything in audio sound in default settings?? I have filling that sound was better on stock firmware.
                Regards
                Ruslan

Comment

I like kotix skins, they are in my personal opinion consist and match each other, especially the newest ones, only radio app could get a bit of a refresh to match music / bluetooth phone app which are totally renewed.
                  On the other hand I'm fighting with music chopps during playback, I've noticed that when the chopp occurs high IRQ and IOW (Input/Output Wait) get's hight, both above 20% - noticed it with systeminfo app that Kotix include in his roms, it shows CPU/NICE/SYS/IOW/IRQ stats.
                  After the chopp they go down to 0-2%. At this point I've transfered all my music to internalSD and we'll see if it helps or not.
                  It it still won't help, I'll try to go back to stock rom from roadnav and see it that helps and give feedback.

Anyone has simillar issues?

Comment

Hello,

today I received my M087 S160 and installed after checking for about 10 minutes the original firmware (super awful German translation, I believe this is some kind of Dutch/German/English mixture) right away the Kotix ROM 25/12 8GB. Now I have some questions were I was not able find an answer:

1. what is the time when the radio is going from the blank screen into "sleep" mode and can this be modified ? I was sitting several minutes in front of the HU but the SRC was still red (and the power consumption was about 720mA (when I checked later is was off and my digital PS showed 0.00A). If it really shutting down only after 10 minutes in my opinion 720mA is a bit high, also the car only have a small battery. The other MTCD unit were I can set the time in 5 steps (15sec to 30min), uses about 250mA before it is shutting down.

2. the Radio skins do not look like the pictures I saw here. It's not a bad skin but not the same. For example the RDS station name is very tiny. Have I missed something ?

3. I have 2 points in the settings to change the colors for the Radio and Musicplayer. They have different names but it's the same inside.

4. I can change only 3 colors for the buttons (light red to dark red). I thought it should do RGB, but maybe not...

5. Since the installed iGo was crap I installes Sygic Car. Is there a way to change the volume from the navigation ? Even when the radio-sound is going down it's still a bit low.

6. last but not least. Is there a way to install TomTom go ? I only get "can't establish an connection" even if wifi is OK. I also was not able to get it running on the MTCD HU (Xposed, Xprivacy, ID-Changer...no luck).

Regards
                    Bernd

Comment

• kotix
                      kotix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Bernd,

1. Timer is controlled by the mcu and we have no control over it. In mtcd they had a custom mod made by the manufacturer for it
                      2. Use carsettings app to change skin
                      3. In settings you can customize the color of some text of radio and music screens. They are not the same, just the colorpicker tool is the same but the assignation is different.
                      4. Only m802 model have rgb colors for buttons
                      5. Set default navi app in carsettings, change default volume level there too.
                      6. No more TomTom even on s160

I agree that radio screen don't match the rest of the graphic now and it need indeed a restyle. (Available time is always the problem).

About music problem, it's really hard to tell if there is a difference between firmwares. All I can say on my side is that I just added viper4android and nothing more to audio processing so if you don't use it means that is not a rom problem.

I'm already uploading the new rom based on a December firmware. I hope they have fixed the radio/navi voice problem.
                    Anyway I haven't added any new mods. All you have in Christmas ROM, you have it in new one. No less, no more.

I'm looking now at the swc modeselect issue with s160keys. I asked to Bonez a small addition to his app so we could set any app to that menu. We will see how everything will come out...

For now: happy new year
                    Last edited by kotix; 12-31-2016, 06:44.

Comment

ok, got it all, thanks for your support. The RDS-Text could be in "bolt" as it looks very thin. Also, please exchange the ES-Exporer with something other. As good as it was years ago as bad and big is it today...

The audio player is still not looking as your screenshot. It's an ugly yellow player with an CD. Looks like an 10 years old design

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Rds text was thicker in previous builds but as I said it could change later on..
                        Everything is in the preinstall folder can be changed by the user and unistalled, so esfileexplorer.
                        Reboot the unit to apply the player change.
                        To reboot: carsettings-> change USB type.
                        Last edited by kotix; 12-30-2016, 19:53.

Perfect, it was a bit cold outside but sunny, so no problem to change the HU to the new M087. It's normally for an Smart fortwo (451 2007-2015) but it'll also fit in the Smart forfour 454 2004-2006 as they're using the same hole in the dashboard.

Is it possible to do a dirty flash in the future for new options ? I don't want to install everything new with any new release. I saw you installed flashfire so this should be an option (or not to format the internal SD) ?

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It could be possible but only if the updates concern the system partitions.
                        If the new firmware bring a new mcu file or other partitions changes then we are forced to do a full flash.

Can the JY launcher be modified ? Instead of the weather (not useful for me as the radio don't have an connection) the Version from my MTCD shows, when the radio is playing, the frequency or music title instead of the clock and instead of the weather there's other stuff like on the picture (for example the "rocket" to clear the memory). A smaller music widget would be ok, too as there's not much room left for icons (only two). And, the last wish for 2016 ;-): A navigation icon like on the screen below that links to the navigation software.

PS: whats new in the 31/12 release ? I saw the MCU, something else ?
                      Last edited by forstmeister; 12-31-2016, 13:47.

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm off for The next 3 days and jy launcher is not one of my priorities.. Keep in mind that I have a real job too and I also work on s100 units. I'll keep in mind your requests anyway

As any new official fw, it's always hard to tell what are the changes.
                        In the code changes I could see:

Varios Modifications in audioplayer code but I don't know exactly what for.
                        Small modification in radio slider code.
                        New MCU files.

Thanks, and a Happy New Year

Comment