Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onedumslack View Post
    Tried out the new version and installed the playstore.apk file. But when trying to use flashfire to first clean up before installing microg I get this error about assert failed. Anyone else seen this before. I also keep getting a winca server error.
    Where is your zip file located? I was getting this error while trying to install from USB drive. Copied it to internal SD, and the uninstall went fine. I can't get to install OpenGapps though, not even the pico version. Maybe I'll give MicroG a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcurelio View Post

Where is your zip file located? I was getting this error while trying to install from USB drive. Copied it to internal SD, and the uninstall went fine. I can't get to install OpenGapps though, not even the pico version. Maybe I'll give MicroG a try.
      Cool, I'll try that. I have it on an sdcard in the GPS slot currently.

Comment

• That worked, thank you. And it was also successful installing microg.

Comment

• Another thing I've noticed now is that if I have the music app open and I turn off the car and then turn it back on a minute later then immediately all music is missing and I get a no play list and the music database seems corrupt until I clear all it's data and rescan. Anyone else have this on the new rom?

Comment

• Originally posted by onedumslack View Post
            Another thing I've noticed now is that if I have the music app open and I turn off the car and then turn it back on a minute later then immediately all music is missing and I get a no play list and the music database seems corrupt until I clear all it's data and rescan. Anyone else have this on the new rom?
            I had this with yesterday's version (November 5th). Just installed the newest version. I'm just waiting for the system media scan to finish, and tomorrow morning I'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcurelio View Post

I think it might be possible this issue is actually the result of not doing a full power down after doing the initial flash. I just reverted to the previous rom and had the same issue again but this time from both the internal and external sd. So I powered the unit off and waited 10 minutes for it to completely turn off and then it worked fine.

Comment

• Also on the newest rom it seems signature spoofing is not included by default anymore for microg and I had to install an Xposed module to get it.

Comment

• kotix
                  kotix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tnx for reporting this, I'll double check if I have ported it from previous ROM.

• everything works great so far, small bug regarding temperature display (a bit off) in status bar is still present but it's not urgent.

Comment

• kotix
                  kotix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you verify the mediascan problem that other guys are experiencing, please?

• I've flashed it today so I need 1-2 days to verify

Comment

• Two questions:
                  1 - Will you provide a flashfire zip to update the rom without lose everything?
                  2 - Anyway of disable the volume fade when rear camera is on?

Comment

• kotix
                    kotix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1. not this time. too many changes and a new kernel image
                    2. isn't there an option in carsettings for that?

• Hi.

Where are the new ROM versions? The last shared versions are 19.10.2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Falcon View Post
                    Hi.

Where are the new ROM versions? The last shared versions are 19.10.2017
                    Its on the gdrive, main directory above previous release

Comment

• I removed the rom from gdrive until everything got sorted out and fixed.
                      Please be patience one day or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by felipefda View Post
                        Two questions:
                        1 - Will you provide a flashfire zip to update the rom without lose everything?
                        2 - Anyway of disable the volume fade when rear camera is on?
                        1. Kotix has already answered, but you can make a full backup and restore with titanium backup
                        2 I think I read recently that it is not possible because it is a very internal configuration

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos160 View Post

1. Kotix has already answered, but you can make a full backup and restore with titanium backup
                          2 I think I read recently that it is not possible because it is a very internal configuration
                          Got it . Thank you.

Comment