Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read that many people have problems with drops music from SD card media. I dont have such problems. I didt have problem on stock S160 firmware and after going to Kotix ROM. Could the matter be hardware stricte? Maybe I have faster DDR ?, and maybe a faster uSD card which I use?

Comment

• Music chops while using SDCard is related to some strange behavior. Unit reads the card from time to time with 100% utilization, at that point if player tries to read another data chop occurs.
      Player reads every 2 seconds around 200-300kbps.
      it has definitely to low buffer.
      Switching to USB drive fixes that problem, using lower bitrate songs also helps while using sdcard.

I have tested it with 2 different Class 10 cards and always result was the same.

Comment

• I have a doubt how install Apple UnifiedNlp Backend.
        In "Procedure to install microg or gapps service" in item 7, it is needed to set a backend, for me just Mozilla backend it is available.
        Anybody could help me?

Comment

• Originally posted by kotix View Post
          Here is a sample video of the new launcher:
          That's just beautiful

Comment

• Regarding MicroG and OpenGapps, please move to this thread: https://www.roadnav.com/forum/modifi...ngapps-nogapps

Comment

• 2017_10_29_09.03.11.png

I hope this can satisfy all the tastes

Comment

• Leigh63
                Leigh63 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes.......The best of both worlds
                Well done.

• Kotix...you're the best

Comment

Wow wow my friends, I have some good news! We have a new september firmware from roadnav.
                In this firmware they have finally made some nice changes. (At least from what I can see from the code)
                There are not many changes but significant.
                Here is a list of them:
                - mediascanner (finally!)
                - in carsettings and factory settings they added some new options but i├Čll tell you more once i install it
                - wincaserver, new stuff here too, mediascanner is part of the wincaservices now and other things
                - device info settings, just a "Release Version" tag added

Maybe more stuff but i?ll know more tonight
                Hi kotix,

do you have ans news about the new Firmware?

Comment

• All I can say for now about the new firmware is that media scanner is not a problem anymore.
                  they seem to have definitively fixed the audio hiccups

Comment

• Yes, that new auido player album art looks very nice.

Comment

• That look really nice. But I guess the new layout won't be available in Tune skin, right?

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Now that I modified the smali code in the player, I can add the background album art in tuneskin too

All I can say for now about the new firmware is that media scanner is not a problem anymore.
                      they seem to have definitively fixed the audio hiccups
                      Did this new firmware make you start your work all over again?

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's not a re-start, it's a little more complicated..
                        I have to check the differences in the smali code and in the XML between old and new firmware and port my mods to the new code.
                        It's a pain but not impossible. It's just take time...
                        I will release a full new ROM with all the new stuff and new base firmware. There will be no flash fire update this time because the kernel image has changed too.
                        I believe it will take me almost 2 weeks

• That would be really nice kotix, because I do like the look of the radio in Tune Skin.

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OK then

• kotix, that sounds like a lot of work. I am not in a hurry. Let me know if I can help you somehow.

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tnx for the offer... There isn't really much you could do...
                        I'm still fighting with audio player to make it show the correct image when the cover is not available.
                        When that is done I'll start the porting to the new fw.

• kotix Something happened to me today. Last night I closed spotify to listen the soccer in the radio until I left the car. Today when turning the car on automatically started the radio as usual but a few seconds later when auto spotify started, the radio was not closed. The two applications were still playing at the same time. Also the radio application has no button to close and it is not useful to remove it in 'recent applications'. Why does this happen to me?
                      Last edited by Carlos160; 10-29-2017, 23:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X