Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

¡Feliz Navidad a todos! , gracias por la ayuda a todos porque al final aportamos en este Forum, especialmente a Kotik que se lo trabaja duramente.

Merry Christmas to all! , Thanks for the help to all because in the end we contribute in this Forum, especially to Kotik who works hard.

Comment

Thanks Kotix! You are awesome! Merry christmas Kotix!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all !!

Comment

Originally posted by kotix View Post
          Merry Christmas guys

Tomorrow morning (west Europe time) you'll find this new re-styled version of the rom under my gdrive pine tree.
          It doesn't have many functionality changes because I preferred to make it look nicer first.

A new firmware is coming out too and I'll start looking for fixes in it but I cannot promise nothing because digging in the small code is always a blind walk.

Let's hope that roadnav have improved the firmware too

[email protected]
          Can you provide FlashFire update?

Comment

• kotix
            kotix commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe in the next day...
            It's holiday time here

Hi and Merry Christmas to all. If i want the unit to start with my language and not the US, will i have to change only the personize.prop with my language, or do i have to change also the build.prop?

Comment

Change it in android settings after flashing the rom, these setting are kept during restarts.
            Or do You mean starting the unit right after flashing with correct language?

About newest rom:
            1) great skin and album art, in my case I see it only during night, m045 has much angle towards the roof so during the day generally I see lots of reflects and album art is lost. General idea is very nice.
            ​​​​​​2) cool graphics, icons, everything looks very good, now I can set colors of some texts to match my button backlight on dashboard, it would be could if I could set it also on seekbar of music player and color of activated options ie. Repeat mode - only a suggestion.

So far everything works great, waiting for flashfire for SWC switching - no haste )))

Great job Kotix!
            ​​​​​
            Last edited by Avatar; 12-26-2016, 19:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar View Post
              Or do You mean starting the unit right after flashing with correct language?
              ​​​​​
              Exactly that!

Comment

• kotix
                kotix commented
                Editing a comment
                Personize.prop should be enough

Hi,
              Can you make the update to not format /data?
              It takes me hours to set up apps every time after firmware update
              Thank you!

Comment

You may also use titaniumbackup, saves a lot of time

Comment

I've tried that, a lot of apps don't work OK (waze, torque, etc.)

Comment

Ok as far as i know, You may disable format of internal SD by modifying one of the files (some apps hold their data there) on Your SD Card when flashing rom, but it's not /data.
                    /data would be hard to ignore during rom flashing, it may cause problems with apps that are updated of modified in upcoming releases of roms so personally I think it's a bad idea but someone smarter may have other opinion

Comment

ROM updates from phone manufacturers never wipe /data, so it should be OK.

Comment

Ok but remember that we're not flashing updates that are changing only some parts of system but completely new ROM everytime.
                        Anyway they always recommend to perform a full wipe and don't guarantee that loss of data won't happen.

Comment

Original firmwares will always wipe all your data, you can save just the internal sd.
                          I could release an update zip file to flash using flashfire but i still have to figure out some stuff like flashing bootloader with it. Who want to take the risk flashing it?
                          I wanted to release the Christmas version and in the hurry "the normal way" wa sthe quickest way of doying it.
                          Now i'll see if i can make a zip but i don't guarantee anything..

Comment

Hi kotix just for your information, it is possible to flash the update.zip from TitaniumBackup with FlashFire. All apps were flashed back, just the settings were missing. I don't know why it is like that, because when you restore the backed up apps+data with TB all settings will be back as well.
                            alicexes you can restore Torque with TB also, only the dashboards have to be backed up manually. But the app, the plugins and the settings can be restored by using TB.

Comment