Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josebalu View Post
    Hello,
    The sound does not work well.
    With radio FM, the sound gps turn off.
    Gps with music correct but does not lower the sound music.

Does not start gps when the s160 starts.

Gps is correct in carsetting.

i don't understand.
    I have the same problem as Jose.
    The Navi voice does not make any sound when looking at the map and listening to the radio.
    The Navi voice works when looking at the map and listening to Music (MP3 on SDcard). The music mutes when Navi speaks then music comes back on again (this is a bit annoying but I think it is the same with Original firmware).

Regards, Leigh.
    P.S. It would be nice if the music would lower and the Navi voice is mixed with music, instead of totally muting music.
    Last edited by Leigh63; 12-05-2016, 08:20.
    Hi Guys,
    I'm currently on Holidays in the middle of the Pacific. Please be extra patient for a reply.

If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request. My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.
    Please do not PM or VM me for passwords or help.
    Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit.

Comment

To fix the radio audio focus during navigation I uploaded in the tests folder a file wincaServer.apk that need to be copied in systemapp folder before flashing the rom.
      If you don't want to flash again you can copy that file in /system/app using rootexplorer (or rootexplorer function of esFileExplorer) or wifi adb and set permission to rw-r-r

Sorry about it. a new build is on the way..

Comment

• Leigh63
        Leigh63 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        I remember reading that yesterday but didn't associate it with my problem.
        Thank you for explaining to me.

Regards, Leigh

Originally posted by kotix View Post
      To fix the radio audio focus during navigation I uploaded in the tests folder a file wincaServer.apk that need to be copied in systemapp folder
      copy that file in /system/app using esFileExplorer
      Thanks Marco.
      I had no idea what I was doing but it works now If I can do it, anybody can .

EDIT: OK, I had some idea what I was doing.
      I used rootexplorer in esFileExplorer to mount the internal SD as Read/Write
      I copied wincaServer.apk from my USB to \system\app\ (overwrite existing)
      I used rootexplorer to mount internal SD back to Read Only
      I rebooted using the shutdown icon but that didn't work so I used reset button(tiny hole)
      The radio rebooted and everything was good.
      I tested Navi voice and it now works when the radio is playing.

Regards, Leigh
      Last edited by Leigh63; 12-05-2016, 11:26.
      Hi Guys,
      I'm currently on Holidays in the middle of the Pacific. Please be extra patient for a reply.

If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request. My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.
      Please do not PM or VM me for passwords or help.
      Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit.

Comment

Same as me, had to use reset pinhole and everything works well
        ​​​​

Comment

I also confir that with the test app everything is working good

Comment

Hi kotix I've just noticed that I can't uninstall system apps anymore by using Titanium Backup. Is that normal? The reason is that I normally remove everything I don't need, like PVR, mail, calendar and such stuff. Now these apps are not shown in TB.
            Regarding SWC, for me it works as usual. I did set up all buttons on the wheel and they behave as before. But I have to say that I don't have a CAN Bus adaptor in my car.

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Sebastian
              Here's a SWC trick for you.
              Write down all of the SWC functions and the corresponding values from the SWC setting menu.
              Then go to wincacfg\WheelValue.xml in your firmware that is saved on your PC and change all the values to match the values of each function that you wrote down.
              Then every time you get new firmware, you just copy the WheelValue file to the new firmware before you flash and you'll never have to set SWC again.

Regards, Leigh

Nice, thanks for that!
            Is there also a way of configuring the radio stations in advance?

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmmm, I wish.
              If you are using the same size internal memory 2Gb, 4Gb or 8Gb each time you can set Update.config to clean_internal_sd=0 and that might keep your radio presets (I haven't tested this it is only a theory). It is supposed to keep all the other settings. Don't do it this way if you change memory size or else your S160 will get very confused and upset with you

Regards, Leigh

I'm uploading a new update of the ROM. Here is my changelog:

08.12.2016 - Fixed Radio station focus color in list view
            - Fixed music widget artwork issue, changed background. Maybe fixed shuffle button always on
            07.12.2016 - Added Color Customization tool for Radio text of Original and Kotix skins
            06.12.2016 - Changed Settings icons with colored ones
            05.12.2016 - Changed KoTiX Mods settings and added option to disable root permanently
            04.12.2016 - Reduce text size of Stations Bookmarks
            02.12.2016 - Added better translations for German, Italian and French languages
            01.12.2016 - Fixed audio focus issue between radio and navi app

img(1).png

Screenshot_2016-12-09-20-14-16.jpg
            Screenshot_2016-12-09-20-14-39.jpg

Screenshot_2016-12-09-20-16-08.jpg

Comment

OMG !!! Awesome radio customization !! a lot of thanks !!

The unlock code is the same for all updates ?

Edit:

Where is de 8Gb version ?
              Last edited by HanZejo; 12-10-2016, 00:33.

Comment

Yes, the unlock code is the same.
                8gb version is still uploading.
                I just found out that s160keys app doesn't work in this version but the "mode select" app from SWC should be fixed. (I need your confirmation).

Comment

Really thumbs up! Great stuff.
                  What do you mean with S160keys doesn't work? Does not work at all?

Comment

• kotix
                    kotix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It doesn't work at all
                    If you need s160keys it's better if you stay on 30/11 version for now.
                    A fix will for s160 keys and modeselect will come soon.

Ok, then I will wait. Thanks!

Comment

Hello KoTiX, are you spanish?

Comment

If I buy you a ROM, how much does it cost?
                      Then I have the right to updates?
                      Explain to me how that goes. regards

Comment

Hi antvic, it'll cost about 20EUR and you'll get all future updates for free.
                        As written before the flow is like:
                        - go to the web site http://www.navimods.tk/ and purchase the S160 ROM in the shop
                        - wait until you receive a mail from kotix with which you'll get access to his GDrive
                        --> now you have access to the different ROM files + MCU and Firmware flash files corresponding to your device
                        - send kotix a mail with your device type to get the needed unlock file before flashing your device
                        - get the latest stock firmware from this forum (see the S160 Firmware thread from RN Tao)
                        - follow the instructions on kotix' GDrive to prepare your device for the flashing process
                        - take your time to set up your modded S160, it'll take some time to get used to the different launchers and skins
                        - oh and use a low tech FAT32 2-4GB SD-Card for the flashing process, these seem to work the best

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X