Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx Kotix !! I'll try it as soon as I have a free time.

Comment

• Thanks for your quick reply.
      Still need precisions after read FAQ

To be sure to understand, I always need to keep my wincafg directory (coming from original fw or internal unit) in your rom and the specific apk for my car ?
      And take the last MCU et flash available from you ?

Thanks

Marc

Comment

• kotix
        kotix commented
        Editing a comment
        exactly

• Re hi,

I'am preparing my SD card for Kotix Installation and I have a question :
      On my head unit, I have my MCU is 01608200 et my Flash is A009.

In the Kotix directory, there is MCU beginning by 0 with flash A00A or beginning by 6 with flash A009

Which combination do I have to take ?

Thanks

Marc

Comment

• kotix
        kotix commented
        Editing a comment
        0 type with flash A00A

• Hi kotix I've flashed the updated SWC buttons and it works as expected. Is there a way of trying the mode select button without changing the actual SWC settings? It's a bit annoying that I always need to reassign all buttons just because I wanted to change exactly one of them.

Comment

• Just many thanks to kotix for answering to all my questions, kotix firmware is now installed.

Comment

• Why adaway won't work??

Comment

• kotix
            kotix commented
            Editing a comment
            Because adblock is already in the ROM. In next release i'll replace adblock with AdAway so all people will be happy.
            If you want to remove adblock, delete it from system/priv-app with rootexplorer and replace it with adaway.apk. set permission to rw-r-r

• How can I activate "ok Google" by voice without pressing the icon? In Apex Launcher there is an option to do it but I prefer to use Launcher3.

Comment

• Ok google is working with google now launcher, apex had to made their own function that listens to microphone for words, launcher3 would need that to,there is no on/off switch for the launcher itself, it has to be programmed.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Because adblock is already in the ROM. In next release i'll replace adblock with AdAway so all people will be happy.
              If you want to remove adblock, delete it from system/priv-app with rootexplorer and replace it with adaway.apk. set permission to rw-r-r [/QUOTE]

Thanks, already changed it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Avatar View Post
                Ok google is working with google now launcher, apex had to made their own function that listens to microphone for words, launcher3 would need that to,there is no on/off switch for the launcher itself, it has to be programmed.
                Thanks...I will try to configure Apex.

Comment

• Maybe this method could enable "ok google" without using google now:
                  https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...ction-to-work/

Comment

• Kotix, Where can I get the collection of icons that you use in your rom?

Comment

• Feedback of the ROM Kotix :
                    Excellent all work for my M207. Support is very good by mail =) Thank's

Comment

• hello Kotix,

i have a question how to have the original skin of radio and your skin for media player and Bluetooth ?

Because i prefered the original (it's better )

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        it's not possible. All the skinned screens are part of a single apk file. I know i cannot satisfy everybody taste

• Hi Kotix

Are you able to do anything with the stock music player in a future release... either improve it or replace it? It's a real pain that it won't remember the last song/album played!

Thanks

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm not having this problem but I'll try more to reproduce it and I'll see what I can do..