Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KoTiX S160 custom ROM and skins 04.03.2018 (04.05.2017 fw base)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I uploaded the new full rom that is just the 31.12 rom+ update_v3.zip.
    If you guys have already flashed successfully the update_v3 you don't need to flash this 17.01.2017 ROM. It's intended to be used by new user only.

At this point i would like to know from all of you some suggestions to better organize my gdrive that is going to be always more messy and confused.

I'm also making a FAQ page on my site and i need a little help here too to fill it up because obvious things for me can be nightwares for somebody else.
    Here is my provvisory list:

​Is the KoTiX Rom compatible with my model?Yes, it's compatible with all S160 models.

How do I receive the Rom after buying it?
    I'll ask you to provide me your GMail address so i can send you an invitattion to my GDrive folder that contain the Custom Rom and other usefull files such as translated canbus applications, extra apps, MCU files etc..

Are the rom updates free?Yes, the rom updates will be free, you don't have to pay more.

What does it mean the 2, 4 or 8Gb options when choosing the Rom version to download?
    The S160 has 16 GBytes partitioned between Boot, System, User memory, Internal SD. Normally the user memory dedicated to the installation of user applications is 2Gb.
    If you choose to install the 4Gb version of the rom, you will have 4Gb space available for apps installation and the remaining (around 9 Gb) for internal_sd.
    If you choose to install the 8Gb version of the rom, you will have 8Gb space available for apps installation and the remaining (around 5 Gb) for internal_sd.

What is the Unlock.code? How do i get it? To avoid sharing of my hard work, i added a security check in the ROM. To unlock the security check in my ROM please provide me your unit model number (M***) and to know it simply go in Settings->System information screen on your unit.
    Once you tell me your model number i'll send you a file with the unclock code that you will need to add in the folder WINCACFG on sdcard before flashing the rom.

Do I need the original firmware of my model? It's recommended to have it but it's not mandatory because you can retreive the necessary information from your unit.

Will I receive instructions for flashing the custom rom? Yes, of course the instructions are included in the Gdrive folder.

Is my language supported by your ROM? Yes, you have to replace the Locales.xml present in the wincacfg folder to enable all languages. Then for canbus communications are available also some translated apps dedicated to specific car models
    Last edited by kotix; 01-17-2017, 12:18.

Comment

• Hi Kotix,
      but what if there is a future update, do I have to pay again? *lol* Just kidding.

Regarding the v3 FlashFire update, I can report that the Music App is working fine again with my USB stick and the USB OTG set to USB 2.0. There is no delay anymore, the music starts playing right after the device has finished booting.
      Unfortunately I got another odd behaviour. My "maps speed limits" app and the "tachometer" app are using background services to show you the speed limit and the current speed in any app you like. This worked until I flashed the v3.zip. Now I have to enforce the foreground mode inside the app's settings. This is kinda strange since both apps are actually set in the Autostart settings. So it seems as if something had corrupted the service settings for these apps. Perhaps it was the optimising process after FlashFire has finished flashing.

Comment

• I think there is a problem with the latest update.
        Among the files appears this:

"Sdupdate_2gb.img"

When trying to update I missed error.
        I have corrected the file name to:

"Sdupdate.img"

and has already been installed correctly.
        It is the option of 2gb, I do not know if in the 4gb or 8gb the same thing happens.
        Last edited by jopega; 01-18-2017, 19:43.

Comment

• kotix
          kotix commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot to rename them
          I already fixed them this morning so the files in gdrive are ok now.
          Sorry about it :P

• hello Kotix I was wondering if you can share your phone with sim s160 so that you can use google ok for calls. maybe you can do with the bluetooth or wifi

Comment

• ziobigiu There're already some answers to this question: https://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmwa...le-phone-calls and https://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmwa...ntrol-for-s160

Comment

• ok flashed the v3 update and now i have a little bug, when streaming music over bluetooth and i choose to change songs, the song kinds of volume drops, plays for a second then skips to next song. only started after the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Subaru_driver View Post
              thanks but there is no answer to my question. I would like to know if there is the possibility to connect a bluetooth dongle

Comment

• Leigh63
                Leigh63 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi,
                I don't know the answer to your question but I would say that any Bluetooth Dongle will need to have an Android apk with all the Drivers for that Dongle.
                If you know somebody that has a Bluetooth Dongle ask then if you can try it on your S160.
                Then you can let us all know if it works or not.

This Forum is about members sharing information with each other. Don't rely on the same members to give you answers.
                If you have an idea, then give it a try yourself and share your experience with the rest of us.
                Regards, Leigh

• I think we can connect a bluetooth dongle because I saw that the Bluetooth settings are hidden

Comment

• On MTC devices is possible.to use the "true contacts" apk to get your contacts list directly from google servers.
                Then when you select a contact to dial, his number is shared to the Bluetooth app from MTC.
                What I don't know is how this sharing method work.
                If you discover it then you won't need to add any dongle because everything is already here.
                ​​​​

Comment

• It´s possible to add an option to change de opacity of the album art in the new music player ? I find it too dark.

The last update is fantastic.

Comment

• For the time being there is no such option

Comment

• Hi,

often I use the app blitzer.de (its a warning app for speed traps in germany)
                      Is it possible to add it to the auto start on this rom?

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I cannot add every app that a user need to run at boot.
                        You should find another way to do it that is not just modifying the rom.
                        Maybe using Tasker. llama or any other automation app.

• Leigh63
                        Leigh63 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Try Autostart and StaY! from Google Play

Let us know if it is any good.
                        Regards, Leigh

• Just want to comment on the latest Kotix firmware update. All is working perfectly for me...even the Radio sound does not mix with the other music apps which switching between audio sources. Issue typically comes back when you start using your assign Navi app, but not this time or at least not yet. I also had an issue with the sound for stock apps like Radia and Aux not holding it set volume correctly.but that's not an issue no either. I was hoping some type of firmware update would increase the mic gain to that callers could hear me, but I may finally break down and try the hardware mod posted in these forums. Nice work Kotix!!

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well this time all the merit goes to roadnav that finally with this Christmas firmware they have released a good update.

• Dear Kotix...
                      I've decided to buy your ROM, but first I'd like to ask you some questions.
                      1. In your rom for S150 you mentioned functionality to assign steering wheel controls for 3rd party music apps. Is this feature available for S160 also?
                      2. Currently I have iGo that came with unit. Will it be deleted when I flash your ROM?

Comment

• kotix
                        kotix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        1. No.
                        2. Everything will be erased every time you flash a firmware. You can keep your internal_sd data but only if you flash the 2 gb version of my rom.
                        Better if you backup your internal sd first.

• It has just been reported me a way to run TomTom on S160:
                      1. Install the Xposed module Device Faker https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vicefaker.free
                      2. Enable Xposed and activate the module
                      3. Fake our unit as a recent samsung device (920f)
                      4. Install tomtom from playstore

Please somebody verify it and report it back
                      Last edited by kotix; 01-31-2017, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X