Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Controls

Check the following if your steering wheel controls does not work

1) Make sure the steering wheel control cable is well connected to rear panel of your s100 satnav unit.
    2) Reset from steering wheel controls panel
    3) Click High/Low Impedance icon on let top to switch to another mode and try re-program the control buttons
    4) The firmware may not support your car with steering wheel controls, example post C017-1 Peugeot 307 Steering Wheel Control
    5) Others - like CAN-bus decoder is not compatible

Is there any RoadNav own has experience with MAESTRO SW please share with us!
    Last edited by RN_Tao; 06-04-2016, 20:35.
    S90 WinCE Firmware
    S100 WinCE Firmware
    S150 Android Firmware
    S160 Android Firmware
    Please do NOT PM me for passwords or help. Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit

Do you know how to change the button configuration for C072 that gets the button commands from the CAN bus?

Comment

I have no idea, I guess it could not be changed because the SWC is not only related to the firmware but also CAN-bus decoder which with fixed data (designed for your car).
      S90 WinCE Firmware
      S100 WinCE Firmware
      S150 Android Firmware
      S160 Android Firmware
      Please do NOT PM me for passwords or help. Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit

Comment

What are the exact steps to reprogram the steering wheel buttons? I've tried with several cars but not managed to change or save new settings.

Comment

Originally posted by RN_Tao View Post
          I have no idea, I guess it could not be changed because the SWC is not only related to the firmware but also CAN-bus decoder which with fixed data (designed for your car).
          Late answer.

If I change setting from C235 to C045 in the software the mapping of the buttons change. So in my world the button mapping is stored in the firmware and associate the CAN-bus command to different functions depending of which type of unit settings there are. Is it not possible to allow this for editing in a file or something? Not everyone thinks that RoadNavs mapping of the buttons for example GM vehicles are the best and want to change it a bit.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Brazil and have one Peugeot 308 2012/2013, that's made in Argentina. Have just updated the firmware with the lastest version, but the problem eith the SWC continues. Just the Volume UP, Volume DOWN and Source keys works, and I'm unable to configure the others. Is there any other thing that can fix it?

C083 Unit

Comment

Hi,
              Here's a reminder how to set steering wheel controls. (Note: This will not work for some radios that have Canbus SWC hard coded in Firmware)

Go to SWC setting menu (obviously).
              1. touch Reset.
              2. touch the function on the screen that you want the radio to learn (lets say Volume +)
              3. touch START
              4. press the button on the Steering wheel that you want to use for that function (in this case the VOL UP button)
              ....Repeat 2, 3 & 4 for the other functions. (only one function per button)
              5. after all your steering wheel buttons are recognized, by your radio, touch STORE to save the settings.

You can try for Impedance "High" or "Low" one setting might work better than the other.

Regards, Leigh
              Last edited by Leigh63; 08-15-2015, 05:39.
              Hi Guys,
              I've just got back from Holidays. I'll try to catch up with request as soon as I can.

If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request. My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.
              Please do not PM or VM me for passwords or help.
              Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh63 View Post
                Hi,
                (Note: This will not work for some radios that have SWC hard coded in CanBus)
                Not hard coded in CAN bus, hard coded in firmware.

Comment

• Leigh63
                  Leigh63 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Dave,
                  Your right! My mistake.
                  It is hardcoded in CanBus but the cause of the problem would be Hardcoded in Firmware.

I've changed it.
                  Regards, Leigh

Leigh, I´ve done as you described, but when I reach step 4, nothing reapens. It just feels like the unit don´t recognize the SWC button being pressed.

Comment

Hi MrBotton ,
                  I just wrote the steps because Navipiste asked for SWC instructions.
                  Your radio is one of those where the CanBus codes are hardcoded in the firmware and your radio cannot learn SWC.

There might be some hope for Peugeot owners.
                  Kalpazan reported that the latest V1.1.10 Firmware fixed the C045 SWC problems.
                  C083 V1.1.10.0 is posted here: http://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmwar...=9644#post9644
                  Upgrade your Radio and see if your problem is solved too.

Regards, Leigh.
                  Hi Guys,
                  I've just got back from Holidays. I'll try to catch up with request as soon as I can.

If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request. My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.

Comment

Thanks Leigh63 !!!
                    Is there a list of models that are hard coded??

Comment

Hi,
                      Sorry, no list that I know of.

I figure that if the SWC wires are connected to the Canbus then the Canbus will be doing all the conversions to match the radio. But, if the SWC is connected directly to the radio then the radio can learn the resistance values that correspond to each button.
                      Please note that I am not a programmer for RN and that the above statement is only my theory of operation.

Regards, Leigh
                      Hi Guys,

Comment

How to manually program steering wheel controls in RoadNav S100 system.

1. In general Setting Menu, touch “setup” icon to enter SWC Setting Menu. Like the
                        picture

swcs10001.jpg

2. Touch function need to learn ,for example the following picture (we touch the
                        “next”key

swcs10002.jpg

3. Then touch “Start” in the meanwhile. as the following picture

swcs10003.jpg

4. Press the button of SWC that need to learn.

swcs10004.jpg

5. Touch “store” after data show on the screen. if store failure try it again.(as the following
                        picture), repeat the steps for other keys.

swcs10005.jpg
                        S90 WinCE Firmware
                        S100 WinCE Firmware
                        S150 Android Firmware
                        S160 Android Firmware

Comment

Hi

Need help with SWC C098 renault megane the yellow plug original SWC (working in the original radio) has 2 wires one of them mismatches the conection on red plug swc cables.
                          In the red there are 3 green cables and 1 green with black mark .Whats the correct conection or input and output to the 2 cables in yellow plug can someone help please??

Comment

HI David,
                            What does it show in your ''Quick Start Guide'' diagram for connecting the radio?

I have this simple SWC ''How it works'' diagram if it helps you a bit.
                            SWC-diagram.PNG
                            Regards, Leigh
                            Hi Guys,

Comment

Working...
                            X