This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S90 Firmware Update Instruction

First, preparing 2 pcs SD card. S90 SatNav need updating 2 times. One is OS update, other one is APP update.

Part 1: OS update

1. Use a 4G SD card, format FAT32

2. Go to OS folder, copy all the files from "OS" folder to root of SD card . (NOTE: Not copy the OS folder, but copy the 11 files ! )
    S90_OS_01.jpg
    3. Switch off the S90 head unit.

4. Inset the SD card to the media SD slot ( Note: not GPS slot)

5. switch on the head unit, now you will see the blue menu.

S90_OS_02.jpg

6. Calibrate the screen.

S90_OS_03.jpg

7. When you see following menu, pls press SRC button to switch off the head unit, then remove the SD card.

S90_OS_04.jpg

S90 WinCE Firmware
    S100 WinCE Firmware
    S150 Android Firmware
    S160 Android Firmware
    Please do NOT PM me for passwords or help. Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit

Part 2: APP update

8. Use another 4G SD card, format FAT32. Enter the APP folder
    Then Copy “S90Aupdate” to the root of the SD card. Then insert this SD card to the media SD slot ( Note: not GPS slot) .
    S90_APP_01.jpgS90_APP_02.jpg

9. Rebooting the SatNav system by pressing SRC button

10. Calibrate the screen.

S90_APP_03.jpg

11. APP update process

S90_APP_04.jpg

12. When you see "Complete 100%", pls take out the SD card, then the SatNav unit will be reboot automatically.
    Update finished!

S90_APP_05.jpg
    Last edited by Leigh63; 07-12-2019, 13:56. Reason: changed to copy S90Aupdate folder to SDcard
    S90 WinCE Firmware
    S100 WinCE Firmware
    S150 Android Firmware
    S160 Android Firmware
    Please do NOT PM me for passwords or help. Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit

Comment

How can i know my dvd is s90 firmware ,this is my dvd http://www.ebay.com/itm/251803035752...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Check S90 : settings -> device info -> MCU edition, see if it is like S90 J002 7706
        Check your S90 model : settings -> device info -> car info
        S90 WinCE Firmware
        S100 WinCE Firmware
        S150 Android Firmware
        S160 Android Firmware

Comment

Ciao, vorrei chiederti se è possibile installare il software S90 sulla S100 C207.
          Grazie.
          Last edited by 72poli; 08-17-2015, 12:13.

Comment

Hello, I have just purchased an unmarked stereo. How do I know which firmware update I require. In settings i have the following
            APP: SM92B2-30-140326.01-C9T132
            Many thanks

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              I don't think it is RoadNav compatible.
              What other information can you tell us about it?
              Model number?
              Anything on the box tell you who the manufacturer is?

I guess you bought it secondhand or is it new?

Regards, Leigh

Hi, after downloading
            File Name: K001I_1_S90_V.YC002.200000.131213.637.exe 50.6 MB total
            Download link: http://we.tl/wiahFpulGj

After extract, just only s90aupdate folder shows.
            File .txt dont exist, and i copy whole folder s90aupdate to my sdcard but my multimidia center dont recognize.
            The part one executed successfull
            Miss this file? Where are find this .txt file ???

My screen shows after part one. "Please insert app card"

Help?!?!?

Comment

Solved!
              I copied the internal files and folders from S90AUpdate folder to the root folder of the card and copied again S90AUpdate the entire folder to the root folder , duplicating files.
              Last edited by Leigh63; 08-20-2015, 13:28.

Comment

Hi
                Please there is another procedure to put the firmware update? because its not working with me I'm testing all the possibilities, but its does not work, please help me I just want the BLUETHOOT works again. S90AUpdate the folder there is detected but the OS file in the folder.
                (is there a hidden menu?)

Comment

Can you help me please

Comment

Hi, I can't find the update for my model, its a car info - K062. Other info are: mcu edition- S90K002 7706. Thanks
                    Last edited by dfour; 09-19-2015, 04:33.

Comment

Good evening,
                      I would like to thank the firmware and report that everything worked out the network installation worked perfectly until I put the HD video, the system showed an error and closed the media player and no longer opens, hump that this error had and voutou happening , Can anyone help me?
                      I thank you

Comment

Hello,

I Have a Winca S90 model that I bought in Brazil, I want to upgrade the firmware, but the update procedure asks for SD Card slot not GPS card slot, and as you can see in the picture, my device does not have an extra SD card slot so, my question is, can I use an USB flash drive to do the firmware update?

Comment

Originally posted by dilguis View Post
                          Hello,

I Have a Winca S90 model that I bought in Brazil, I want to upgrade the firmware, but the update procedure asks for SD Card slot not GPS card slot, and as you can see in the picture, my device does not have an extra SD card slot so, my question is, can I use an USB flash drive to do the firmware update?

Well, I was curious about that update then a I did it using the GPS slot, as a result my GPS is gone, when I click Navi icon the screen to select gps path is displayed but I can't navigate and find the correct path, a blank screen without folders appear, I think that the procedure changed the gps slot into SD Card slot, any ideas how to fix it? Also when I click on GPS monitor there is no information as used to.
                          If I click on SD Card icon in start screen I can see all folders of the GPS software and can play the sound files of it, so, the slot is physicaly working, Any ideas how to fix it?

Additional information:

I used the following firmware file: K003I_1_S90_V.YC002.200000.131213.637.exe
                          In downloads section there is another file: K003I_3_S90_V.YC002.200000.131213.637.exe I don't know if this file fits for my model and if is secure to do the update procedure again from the beginning using this file.
                          Last edited by Leigh63; 01-04-2016, 11:10. Reason: merged multi requests into one.

Comment

• Leigh63
                            Leigh63 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            HI,
                            So did you do the firmware upgrade? Both of them?
                            (the slot looks empty in your photo)

Sorry I don't know enough about the S90 to comment more.
                            Regards, Leigh
                            Last edited by Leigh63; 01-04-2016, 11:11.

Hello Leigh,

Yes, I did the update using K003I_1_... file only, I think that GPS slot became SD Slot, as my device does not have 2 slots. If I launch "SD Card" I can see all folders that host the GPS software files and play the audio files, now the system identifies the slot as SDMMC instead of "Storage Card" as before update. Based in your experience, can I run the update procedure again using this time the files from K003I_3_.... honestly I don't know whats the difference in the two files.

Comment

• Leigh63
                            Leigh63 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi,
                            I have to leave this one to the experts (I really don't know enough about the S90).

The instructions above say that there are two parts to the Firmware one for OS and one for APP. Have you run both parts?
                            What have you got to lose if you try it.
                            Regards, Leigh.