No announcement yet.

Upgrade S100 (WinCE) to S150 (Android)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade S100 (WinCE) to S150 (Android)

Hi

Is possible to update WinCE S100 to Android? If it is, any advantages or disadvantages eg canbus does not work or other bad things?

My Bluetooth drops connection a lot in WinCE and maybe Android will fix.

The device hardware is below.

Thank you.

Hi,
    Yes it is possible, but many members who have converted come back to WinCE.
    I cannot remember all the reasons why they convert back, but the most consistent one is that WinCE boots much faster than Android.

If you are still interested.
    RoadNavi sell a preloaded SDcard with all the software and firmware for your model to convert to S150. US$39 http://www.roadnavi.com/product/s100...are-preloaded/

Converting back to S100 is not as easy.
    Regards, Leigh
    Hi Guys,
    If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request.

My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.
    Please do not PM or VM me for passwords or help.
    Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit.

Comment

I did it and I came bakc to wince. The only good thing about having android is that you can say you have android in your car. slow, get stuck very often, dont read folders in the usb (for music)....
      dont do it
      :P

Comment

OK, it sounds like WinCE is best option. Thank you for the info.

Comment

if I am not mistaken, Kotix killed the S100 with android because android heats the processor more strongly

Comment

hello, I am trying to convert my S100 to S150.
            I would like to know the following
            1 - What is the current version of the android to civic (C132-s100)?
            2 - can return s150 to s100?

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Leandro,
              Currently i132 is not posted.
              As per post#2 above, normally there is a preloaded SDcard available that has everything you need. But unfortunately C132 is not on the dropdown list.
              There is an i044 posted and a C044 in the dropdown list. this is for Civic but I'm not sure which year.
              You can contact the guys and ask if C132 will be made available or if C044 is compatible http://www.roadnavi.com/pages/contact-us/

Regards, Leigh

POR FAVOR TENGO UNA RADIO S100 QUE CONVERTÍ A S150 PERO ME GUSTARIA BOLBER A DEJARLA COMO S 100 ME PODRIAS ALLUDAR Y DAR COMTRASEÑA GRACIAS NO SE NADA DE IGLES SOY ESPAÑO

PLEASE HAVE A RADIO THAT BECAME A S100 S150 BOLBER but I'd like to leave it as tonics S100 ME AND COULD NOT GIVE
            THANKS COMTRASEÑA Igles AM NOTHING ENG
            Last edited by Leigh63; 10-18-2015, 02:19.

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              I'm trying to understand your question.

Do you want to convert S100 to S150?
              Or do you want to convert S150 to S100?

Regards, Leigh.
              P.S. please try to use Google Translator for English.

I would like to purchase an Update to S150. I ordered my S100 from a company called Radio Updated it is a Head unit for a 2014/15 Dodge Ram. The only information I have is on the box and all it says is S100 series. I ordered it from a company in Houston Tx bet it came from China. I know this because the screen was broken when I got it and I had to send it back to China to get a replacement. can anyone help me with what I need to order and update and where to purchase it.

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Can you post a photo of thew barcode label on thebackof the radio or the box that it came in (we can tell the model from the barcode).

Regards, Leigh.

can i update to s150 android?? thanks

Comment

• Leigh63
              Leigh63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Alex,
              Yes.
              Roadavi sell a preloaded SDcard with the software and Firmware to convert your C148 to Android US$39: http://www.roadnavi.com/product/s100...are-preloaded/
              Many members will tell you not to bother (they end up coming back to WinCE).
              Regards, Leigh

Attached is barcode Post # 8
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi i wanted to ask you, i wanto to put android in s100 because is very difficult to get maps and its very slow i wanted to know how would it be really
            you said before that people comeback to wince how did they do? i have the s100 sofware in a card is the only thing that i need???
            the problem is that i can't find a GPS compatible with wince that let me put music at the same time

Comment

Hi

people comeback to wince how did they do?
              They use SDBOOT Recovery method.

the problem is that i can't find a GPS compatible with wince that let me put music at the same time
              You should use IGO8 or IGO9(Primo). These are very good software. They run fast if you use a class10 SDcard.

Your problem with music could probably be fixed by changing configuration in the settings menu.
              In the settings menu; set Voice Navigation = ON

S100SettingsNaviVoice.PNG

Regards, Leigh
              Hi Guys,
              If you think that I have missed your post then please re-post your request.

My method is to answer Forum Posts first then PM's then VM's.
              Please do not PM or VM me for passwords or help.
              Please share your requests in Forums so others can benefit.

Comment

hello I wonder if the s150 firmware is available for the C098 renault 2
                Thank you

Comment

hello or after upgrading from s100 to s150 in CO53 will be Polish

Comment

Hi,
                  How can I get the RN S100 WinCE system upgrade to S150 Android boot card with firmware loaded for chevrolet cruze 2013
                  APP: S100-V1.6.9.0
                  MCU: SNAM S00E C261
                  DVD: 3200 V100 7706
                  BT 20121204
                  OEM: A002

Thanks

Comment